"You don’t often find a book that covers so many issues that can burden young women trying to navigate through life’s transitions. As a member of the book's target audience, a woman in her mid-twenties, I can truly say that they make a lot of great points, especially their assurance that becoming your best self will benefit you now and later."
--Nicole Nalls, columnist VenusZine
"The next must-read for twentysomething women everywhere."
--Ian Kerner, PhD, author of Be Honest—You're Not That into Him Either
Think your twenties are just a waiting period--waiting to get married, waiting for real life to begin? You're wrong! As Shannon Fox and Celeste Liversidge show with humor, sass, intelligence, and reassurance, getting a ring on your finger is the last thing you should be thinking about when you're in your twenties. In fact, statistics show that if you wait and marry closer to thirty, your chances of having a healthy, long-lasting relationship more than double. So before rushing to become someone else's other half, take time to become a strong, capable, independent, whole person. Last One Down the Aisle will show you how to
- develop and improve your emotional health, body image, and confidence
- focus on education and career and build financial stability
- take risks and tap into your adventurous side
- create a dependable network of friends and mentor relationships
- clarify and embrace your spiritual self
- resolve unhealthy family dynamics and establish yourself as an independent woman
- identify and avoid the top ten reasons women marry too young
Last One Down the Aisle is like having your very own life coach, therapist, financial planner, spiritual adviser, career counselor, and cheerleader all rolled into one. You will learn to navigate the real world, stand on your own two feet, seize the day, and make empowering decisions about the rest of your life.